Based in the City of São Paulo, we are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Carrefour Group France, which operates in more than 30 countries. Brazil is Carrefour Group France’s second most relevant sales market, surpassed only by France. In 2018, we employed roughly 84,000 people, making us among Brazil’s largest private employers. Since July 2017, we have operated as a publicly-held company with shares being traded on B3’s Novo Mercado under the ticker CRFB3
Below is a summary of Grupo Carrefour Brasil’s history, highlighting the main events of Atacadão and Carrefour:
First Carrefour hypermarket in São Paulo.
Launch of the Carrefour credit card
Acquisition of Atacadão
Partnership with Itaú Unibanco to operate Banco Carrefour.
- First Express store in São Paulo
- Península acquires 10% (1) of the Carrefour Brazil Group.
First food retailer present in all Brazilian states.
- Launch of Atacadão financial solutions.
- Launch of Carrefour non-food electronic commerce.
- Launch of Carrefour food electronic commerce
- IPO of the Carrefour Brazil Group
- Launch of the Act for Food
- +20 Atacadão stores
- Launch of the Drives and Click and Pickup